What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 is a coronavirus which can cause illness in both humans and animals. The effect of the virus on an individual varies from person to person. Covid-19 is highly contagious and spreads very quickly from person to person.
How can I test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
Covid-19 PCR Home Test Kit: our home sample collection kit is available to order online. This test requires a combined nose/throat swab and has an accuracy of 99.9% with the correct sample taking technique.
If you are worried that you may have Covid-19, you should get tested as soon as possible.
Why test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
- Online results. Track your results in your secure Patient Area at any time.
- Email notification. We will email you as soon as your results are ready to view.
- 24/7 results reporting. You will receive your result as soon as the laboratory has processed your sample.
- Follow-up call. If you test positive, one of our highly trained advisors will phone you to discuss your result and answer any questions you may have.
- 24/7 patient support. Our Patient Services team are available around the clock.
- Live chat. Contact our advisors quickly and conveniently using our online webchat.
How can I contract Covid-19?
Covid-19 is thought to be transmitted through close contact with the virus. This occurs through droplets produced when a person with Covid-19 coughs or sneezes. Other people can then become infected with the virus by breathing in the droplets.
Transmission can also occur when a person touches nearby surfaces and objects where the droplets have landed, and then touches their eyes, nose or mouth.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19?
Symptoms may appear between 1-14 days after infection. You may not notice any symptoms until two weeks after you become infected with the virus. Some people may experience no symptoms at all. It is possible to spread the virus to others without having any symptoms.
If present, symptoms of Covid-19 include:
- Shortness of breath.
Why should I test for Covid-19?
Covid-19 is spreading quickly. You should consider testing for Covid-19 if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you have recently travelled to a high-risk country or you think you may have come into contact with someone who has Covid-19.