Whether you are looking to test at one of our clinics or at home, Better2Know can provide a Coronavirus test near you. It is important that you choose the right test for you. Our PCR swab test will detect a current infection, whilst our antibody test will detect antibodies produced due to a past infection.
Covid-19 Swab Testing
Covid-19 PCR Swab Test at a Clinic
Using a combined nose/throat swab, this test will determine whether you are currently infected with Covid-19.
Covid-19 PCR Test and Fit to Fly Certificate
This test is suitable if you are travelling abroad and require proof of a negative PCR test and certificate.
Covid-19 PCR Swab Home Test Kit
This test requires a combined nose/throat swab to be collected at home and sent to our accredited UK laboratory for testing.
Covid-19 Antibody Testing
Covid-19 Antibody Test at a Clinic
At your appointment, a qualified clinician will collect your blood sample to test for Covid-19 antibodies. You can choose whether to test for IgG antibodies, IgM antibodies, or both as a combined IgG IgM antibody test.
Why test for Covid-19 with Better2Know?
- Fast, accurate results for your peace of mind.
- Accredited laboratories. Tests are performed at the highest clinical standards in our certified laboratories.
- Confidentiality. Your test results and personal information will always be dealt with in complete privacy.
- Online results. View your results online in your secure Patient Area.
- Email notification. We will email you as soon as your results are ready.
- 24/7 results reporting. You will receive your results as soon as the laboratory has processed your sample.
- World-class patient support. Our Patient Services team are available around the clock.
- Live chat. Contact our advisors quickly and conveniently using our online web chat.
What is Covid-19?
Covid-19 is a coronavirus which can cause illness in both humans and animals. The effect of the virus on an individual varies from person to person. Covid-19 is highly contagious and spreads very quickly from person to person.
How can I contract Covid-19?
Covid-19 is thought to be transmitted through close contact with someone who is infected with the virus. This occurs through droplets produced when a person with Covid-19 coughs or sneezes. Other people can then become infected with the virus by breathing in the droplets.
Transmission can also occur when a person touches nearby surfaces and objects where the droplets have landed, and then touches their eyes, nose or mouth.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19?
Symptoms may appear between 1-14 days after infection. You may not notice any symptoms until two weeks after you become infected with the virus. Some people may experience no symptoms at all. It is possible to spread the virus to others without having any symptoms.
If present, symptoms of Covid-19 include:
- A new, continuous cough
- Loss or change in sense of smell or taste.